Don’t miss this opportunity to attend the lecture:
Prof. Dr. Holger Kersten
Institut for Experimental and Applied Physics,
University Kiel, Germany
Plasma as the „fourth state of matter” is the most dominant existence of matter in the
Universe. Plasma exists in all of its modifications – from dense and hot thermal fusion plasmas in the interior of the Sun and stars to strongly non-isothermal rarefied plasma of the interstellar space. Whereas plasma is somewhat exotic on earth, it is the common state in the Universe – and the known states of matter on Earth are only the condensed forms of the cosmic plasmas.
A fascinating journey through the World of Plasma will be made during the presentation :
- plasma – the fourth state of matter
- gas discharges in laboratory and their applications
- natural plasmas on Earth and in the solar system
- Sun and stars – compact plasma spheres in the space
- interstellar and intergalactic matter
The popular scietific lecture will be completed by some amazing discharge experiments.